Topic: Cookies | 3 post(s).
Makes about two dozen
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1 small egg
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup of Oat My Goodness Sunrise granola
Directions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. With mixer on high, beat together butter and sugar until smooth. Add egg, and beat until completely combined. With mixer on low, add flour, and mix just until incorporated. Add Sunrise granola just until incorporated. Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Place on baking sheets, at least 2-3 inches apart. Gently press thumb in the center of each ball. Heat jam until liquefied; spoon about 1/2 teaspoon into each thumbprint indentation. Bake until cookies are golden brown around edges, 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
Adapted from Martha Stewart
Makes 2-3 dozen depending on desired shape
1/4 cup shortening
1 stick of butter
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup Oat My Goodness Starshine granola
Directions: With mixer, mix thoroughly shortening, butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Blend in dry ingredients. Add Starshine granola just until incorporated. Cover and chill dough for 1 hour. Preheat oven 400 degrees. Roll our dough about 1/4 inch thick and cut with desired shape, place on baking sheet. Bake for 6-8 min.
Classic oatmeal cookies with a Vintage twist!
(Makes 12 cookies)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup Oat My Goodness Vintage granola
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chunks
To make the cookies
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and prepare two baking sheets by lining them with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Beat together butter, sugars, and vanilla in a medium bowl with an electric mixer at high speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes, then beat in egg until combined well. Reduce speed to low, then add flour mixture and mix until just combined. Stir in granola and chocolate chunks.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop equal portions of dough onto your prepared baking sheets. Make sure to space the dough at least an inch and a half apart so that they cookies will have room to spread in the oven. If using full-sized cookie sheets, you should end up with about 6 cookies per sheet.
- Bake the cookies, switching position of sheets halfway through baking, until pale golden, about 15 minutes. Cool on sheets for a few minutes, and then transfer to racks to cool completely.
*adapted from epicurious.com and recipe courtesy of Jessica Fiorillo (@feedmedearly)