PUMPKIN CORN MUFFINS
November 4, 2017
Adapted from the New York Times
- 1 1/2 cups stone ground yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- ¼ cup Oat My Goodness granola
- Preheat your oven to 350º F and line two full-sized muffin tins or mini muffin tins with liners.
- Whisk together all of the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl, and combine all of the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, mixing until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the lined muffin tins and fill about 3/4 of the way – these aren't cupcakes, they won't puff up and overflow!
- Top with granola and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the size.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for five minutes before moving to a cooling rack to cool down completely.
- Serve with coconut butter or enjoy as is!